IMPORTANT: PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR EXAM IN THE WEBASSESSOR EXAM PLATFORM BEFORE SEPTEMBER 30, 2023. DEVOPS INSTITUTE IS TRANSITIONING EXAM PLATFORMS AFTER THIS DATE.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation℠
Today’s organizations deal with a higher volume of change in a more complex tech environment leading to a higher risk of outages and incidents. IT teams must improve service reliability and system resiliency. With automation and observability becoming key factors for more efficient and rapid deployments, the SRE profile has become one of the fastest-growing job roles.
To maintain the highest quality learning for our community, DevOps Institute Certifications expire two years from the date of completion. Members can maintain their certification by participating in the Continuing Education Program and earning Continuing Education Units through participation in learning opportunities.
What You'll Learn
- SRE Principles and Practices
- Service Level Objectives and Error Budgets
- Reducing Toil
- Monitoring and Service Level Indicators
- SRE Tools and Automation
- Anti-Fragility and Learning from Failure
- Organizational Impact of SRE
- SRE, Other Frameworks, The Future
Benefits for Organizations
- Enhanced stability and reliability of services
- Better understanding of how production services work
- Increased balance between technical investment in reliability and customer experience
- Greater appreciation of the operational impact of services in development teams
- Improvements in staff morale and retention
Benefits for Individuals
- Improved work balance with ring-fenced time for improvement
- Less stressful on-call experiences and a reduction in overall call-out volumes
- Broader skills-based capabilities that leverage the latest in automation
- Improvement in workplace culture
- Opportunities for “shifting left” and helping to ensure development teams deliver more reliable services
Earn a credential that can lead to jobs in high growth fields
Certification Validity: 2 Years
Learn more about our Continuing Education Program and recertification requirements to help you stay current with your skills and certifications.
Preparation: Instructor-Led Training, Online Learning, Self-Study
Qualify for In-Demand Jobs
IT Team Leaders
Site Reliability Engineers
“As a long-time Software Engineer moving into the Site Reliability space, I’ve read all the books I could get my hands on. Unfortunately, this left me with a confusing array of information without context. I came away with a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of Site Reliability Engineering and information to better able to define what Site Reliability Engineering means to my organization.”
-Jeffrey Hines, Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Signify Health
Check out the Certification Blueprint to learn more about the various topics, principles, and practices covered by this certification.
DevOps Institute Certification Pathways
Choose the path that is right for your career.
DevOps leaders sponsor, educate, motivate and monitor their DevOps teams.
IT Operations Professional
IT Operations Professional supports software reliability, automation, and more.
Developers design, implement, package, test and deploy software.
DevOps engineers automate processes and collaborate with others.
Testers plan, create, execute, report and
analyze software tests.
Security engineers collaborate to inform
DevOps consultants advise DevOps and SRE strategies and practices.