IMPORTANT: PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR EXAM IN THE WEBASSESSOR EXAM PLATFORM BEFORE SEPTEMBER 30, 2023. DEVOPS INSTITUTE IS TRANSITIONING EXAM PLATFORMS AFTER THIS DATE.
With the rising number of data breaches and increased emphasis on data privacy regulations, organizations must prioritize security and compliance measures in everyday workflows.
To maintain the highest quality learning for our community, DevOps Institute Certifications expire two years from the date of completion. Members can maintain their certification by participating in the Continuing Education Program and earning Continuing Education Units through participation in learning opportunities.
What You'll Learn
- Why DevSecOps?
- Culture and Management
- Strategic Considerations
- General Security Considerations
- IAM: Identity and Access Management
- Application Security
- Operational Security
- Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and Audit
- Logging, Monitoring, and Response
Benefits for Organizations
- Developing software that is secure by design
- Improved assurance of meeting security, compliance, legal and regulatory requirements
- Frictionless relationship between security professionals and developers
- Better formed, scalable, and speed-aware security practices
Benefits for Individuals
- Understanding the contribution of DevSecOps to GRC and delivering business value
- Understanding that security and speed in software development are not inversely-related objectives
- Internalizing the contribution of tools and automation in DevSecOps
- Understanding the role of culture in shifting security left
Earn a credential that can lead to jobs in high growth fields
Certification Validity: 2 Years
Learn more about our Continuing Education Program and recertification requirements to help you stay current with your skills and certifications.
Preparation: Instructor-Led Training, Online Learning, Self-Study
Qualify for In-Demand Jobs
Compliance Team and Delivery Staff
Project and Product Managers
IT Security Professionals
Practitioners, and Managers
Site Reliability Engineers
Maintenance and support staff
Managed Service Providers
Quality Assurance Teams
“DevSecOps Foundation along with the certification gave me the foundation to understand the culture and what goals we need to pursue. By honing those concepts, they positioned me differently to meet challenges. I understood the importance of doing a safety “shift to the left”, and how to think of a continuous improvement process where our products or services have a “safe” conception from the beginning regardless of the language used, independent of technology, and based on a process.”
– Santiago Fernandez, Chief Information Security Officer
Check out the Certification Blueprint to learn more about the various topics, principles, and practices covered by this certification.
DevOps Institute Certification Pathways
Choose the path that is right for your career.
DevOps leaders sponsor, educate, motivate and monitor their DevOps teams.
IT Operations Professional
IT Operations Professional supports software reliability, automation, and more.
Developers design, implement, package, test and deploy software.
DevOps engineers automate processes and collaborate with others.
Testers plan, create, execute, report and
analyze software tests.
Security engineers collaborate to inform
DevOps consultants advise DevOps and SRE strategies and practices.