Value Stream Management Foundation℠
Value Stream Management has been around since the dawn of lean – but it’s different in the digital world. Digital value streams need a different treatment, and DevOps toolchains mean we have more opportunities to gain actionable insights and deliver value outcomes to our customers than ever before. DevOps Institute is pleased to offer this certification in partnership with the VSM Consortium.
What You'll Learn
- The history and evolution of VSM
- Identifying value streams
- Mapping value streams
- Connecting DevOps toolchains
- Value stream metrics
- Inspecting the value stream
- Organizing as value streams
- Evolving value streams
Benefits for Organizations
- Improve performance, especially in response to digital transformation or disruption
- Enhance the creation and delivery of products or services
Benefits for Individuals
- Understand the VSM language, core concepts and key practices
- Learn how to identify and organize around value streams
- Learn how to map value streams
- Learn how to connect your DevOps toolchain and measure it,
- Discover how to apply DevOps practices to accelerate time to value and learning
- Learn how to effectively use metrics to inspect, adapt and evolve capability
Earn a credential that can lead to jobs in high growth fields
Certification Validity: Non-Applicable
Preparation: Instructor-Led Training, Online Learning, Self-Study
Qualify for In-Demand Jobs
Leadership and CXO, especially CIO, CTO, CPO and CVO
Value stream architects, managers, engineers
Release and environment managers
Customer experience and success professionals
Transformation and evolution leads and change agents
Agile and DevOps Coaches and Facilitators
Portfolio, product and project managers, and owners
Business Analysts Architects
Service and Support Desk Workers
“Value Stream Management Foundation has not only helped consolidate my knowledge around this space and how to apply it to the digital world in my organization, it’s shown me a path to accelerate adoption. I can see how VSM is helping us measure and progress in our adoption of DevOps practices. It’s going to help me expand my own role and help me help others to adopt VSM ways of thinking and working.”
BMK Lakshminarayanan, Value Stream Architect
Check out the Certification Blueprint to learn more about the various topics, principles, and practices covered by this certification.
DevOps Institute Certification Pathways
Choose the path that is right for your career.
DevOps leaders sponsor, educate, motivate and monitor their DevOps teams.
IT Operations Professional
IT Operations Professional supports software reliability, automation, and more.
Developers design, implement, package, test and deploy software.
DevOps engineers automate processes and collaborate with others.
Testers plan, create, execute, report and
analyze software tests.
Security engineers collaborate to inform
DevOps consultants advise DevOps and SRE strategies and practices.