IMPORTANT: PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR EXAM IN THE WEBASSESSOR EXAM PLATFORM BEFORE NOVEMBER 15, 2023. DEVOPS INSTITUTE IS TRANSITIONING EXAM PLATFORMS AFTER THIS DATE.
DevOps Foundation (DOFD)®
As DevOps adoption continues to grow and drive digital business success, organizations and their teams need to ensure they have the needed skills and knowledge to deliver high-quality software solutions quickly, exceed customer expectations and outpace competitors.
To maintain the highest quality learning for our community, DevOps Institute Certifications expire two years from the date of completion. Members can maintain their certification by participating in the Continuing Education Program and earning Continuing Education Units through participation in learning opportunities.
What You'll Learn
- DevOps concepts and terminology
- Core DevOps Principles
- Key DevOps Practices
- Business and Technology Frameworks
- Culture, Behaviors and Operating Models
- Automation and Architecting DevOps Toolchains
- Measurement, Metrics, and Reporting
- Sharing, Shadowing and Evolving
Benefits for Organizations
- Shorter development cycles, faster innovation
- Reduced deployment failures, rollbacks, and time to recover
- Improved communication and collaboration
- Increased efficiencies
- Reduced costs and IT headcount
Benefits for Individuals
- Common DevOps concepts and terminology
- Benefits to the business and IT
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing, security and the Three Ways
- DevOps relationship to Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Improved workflows, communication, and feedback loops
- Automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Scaling DevOps for the enterprise
- Demonstrate entry-level of DevOps knowledge
Earn a credential that can lead to jobs in high growth fields
Certification Validity: 2 Years*
*Due to the recent acquisition of DevOps Institute by PeopleCert, certifications completed on the PeopleCert exam platform will have a validity period of 3 years from their date of issue as per PeopleCert’s Continuing Professional Development program.
Preparation: Instructor-Led Training, Online Learning, Self-Study
Qualify for In-Demand Jobs
IT Business Management
QA and Testing Professionals
“DevOps Foundation was a big step for me in adopting industry-standard terminology and significantly improved my ability to succinctly communicate core principles. Prior to that my language and vocabulary reflected the organizational roles and language that we had developed internally in our application of DevOps practices. It also “connected quite a few dots” that I knew were related but wasn’t clear on how or why.”
-Jack Maher, Digital Transformation Evangelist
Check out the Certification Blueprint to learn more about the various topics, principles, and practices covered by this certification.
DevOps Institute Certification Pathways
Choose the path that is right for your career.
DevOps leaders sponsor, educate, motivate and monitor their DevOps teams.
IT Operations Professional
IT Operations Professional supports software reliability, automation, and more.
Developers design, implement, package, test and deploy software.
DevOps engineers automate processes and collaborate with others.
Testers plan, create, execute, report and
analyze software tests.
Security engineers collaborate to inform
DevOps consultants advise DevOps and SRE strategies and practices.