DevOps Institute Exam Terms and Conditions
Following are the Exam Terms and Conditions agreement that is presented to all candidates during the exam registration process. During exam registration candidates must acknowledge and agree to the Exam Terms and Conditions mentioned in the document.
DevOps Institute Exam Terms and Conditions
THESE TERMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME IN DEVOPS INSTITUTE’S SOLE DISCRETION. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AS YOU MUST COMPLY WITH THE MOST CURRENT VERSION OF THE AGREEMENT.
DevOps Institute’s Exam Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) are entered into between the examinee (“You”) and DevOps Institute as of the date you click the acknowledgement box (the “Effective Date”).
- Eligibility. DevOps Institute Certification exams: You must have met any required learning or certification prerequisites prior to taking the exam.
- Confidential Information. The content of the Exam, including without limitation, questions, answers, or any communication, including oral communication, regarding or related to the Exam is DevOps Institute’s confidential information (“Confidential Information”). Any disclosure of Confidential Information is a violation of these Terms and could compromise the integrity and security of this certification program. DevOps Institute makes exams available to You solely for the purpose of demonstrating competency in the content area assessed by the Exam. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, copying, selling, posting, downloading or transmitting any Confidential Information, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose.
- Certification Revocation. If you violate these Terms or engage in any misconduct, you may be prohibited from taking the Exam and/or any other DevOps Institute Exam; you may be decertified from the DevOps Institute Certification Program; and DevOps Institute, in its sole discretion, may terminate any applicable business relationship with you.
- Examples of misconduct and/or misuse of the Exam include but are not limited to:
- Providing false or fraudulent identification
- Providing or accepting improper assistance
- Disseminating actual Exam content by any means including, but not limited to, web postings, formal or informal test preparation or discussion groups, reconstruction through memorization or any other method
- Having non-authorized items in your possession during the Exam
- Using unauthorized materials (including brain-dump material and/or unauthorized publication of Exam questions with or without answers) to prepare for the Exam
- Making notes of any kind during the Exam
- Removing or attempting to remove Exam material (in any format)
- Intentionally causing a disturbance of any kind during the Exam
- Modifying and/or altering the results and/or score report for this Exam or any other Exam record
- Circumventing the Exam retake policy
- Misrepresentation of certification status
- Misconduct as determined by statistical analysis
- Unauthorized accessing of Exam or Exam content (including access of materials in forums, chat rooms, discussion groups, blogs or other sharing sites with intent to circumvent Exam procedures)
If DevOps Institute discovers that you have violated these Terms or assisted others in doing so, you: (1) will lose all DevOps Institute certifications (2) may be barred from taking or retaking any exam, and (3) DevOps Institute, in its sole discretion, may choose to terminate any applicable business relationship with you, if any.
Use of DevOps Institute Certification Digital Badge
Your use of the DevOps Institute certification digital badge is only for the personal use of the individual person who passed the Exam and cannot be used to represent that a company is certified. That is, a company may not represent itself as certified—only those individual persons who have passed the Exam may represent themselves as certified.
Personal Information and Privacy
In providing Exam services, we may collect personal information such as:
- Your answers to exam questions and the results of the exam
- A record of your interactions with our performance-based exams
- Your certification status
- Photographic and/or video recordings taken to confirm your identity and prevent fraud
DevOps Institute Certification and Exam Privacy and Policies
Instructions to examinee. Read the terms carefully. If you accept the terms, please click the checkbox to acknowledge your acceptance. If you do not accept the terms of this agreement, you will not be permitted to take the exam to certify you in the DevOps Institute Certification program.
The program certifies individuals that have demonstrated the knowledge, understanding and application of skills to leverage DevOps in a way that transforms businesses and meaningfully impacts the people and customers they serve.
How will Exam Information be used?
The Exam Information you submit is used for the following purposes but are not limited to:
- Registering test takers to take exams
- Providing all test takers with the results of their exam(s)
- Providing successful test takers with digital certificates and printable/downloadable versions of their certificates
- Track the number of certified professionals
- Tracking an individual’s certification and additional certifications over time
- Analyzing exam results for quality assurance and improvement purposes related to the exam and learning content and delivery
- Ensuring the security of the Exam process
- Enrolling test takers into the DevOps Institute professional membership
Submitting your Exam Information is voluntary. However, if you choose not to submit your Exam Information, you will not be permitted to take the Exam.
Who may access your data?
Employees, affiliated companies, partners or entities acting on behalf of DevOps Institute process Exam Information for the purposes listed above. DevOps Institute takes appropriate technical, organizational, and legal steps to protect Exam Information. Affiliate companies or entities acting on behalf of DevOps Institute with whom we share your Exam Information will be bound by terms of confidentiality.
Does DevOps Institute keep your data?
Exam Information is retained in accordance with local law. We may also retain Exam Information to:
- Dispute resolutions around test taking and passing
- Do demographic and similar non-personally identifiable analyses regarding the test taker populations, pass rates, and other behaviors
- Track prerequisites for additional DevOps Institute or related certifications
- Track the number of certified instructors employed by partners
- Track the certified individual’s certification and additional certifications over time
Exam Retake Policy