DevOps Leader (DOL)®
Leading people through a DevOps evolution requires new skills, tools, innovative thinking, and transformational leadership to be successful.To maintain the highest quality learning for our community, DevOps Institute Certifications expire two years from the date of completion. Members can maintain their certification by participating in the Continuing Education Program and earning Continuing Education Units through participation in learning opportunities.
What You'll Learn
- DevOps and Transformational Leadership
- Unlearning Behaviors
- Becoming a DevOps Organization
- Measure to Learn
- Measure to Improve
- Target Operating Models and Organizational Design
- Articulating and Socializing Vision
- Maintaining Energy and Momentum
Benefits for Organizations
- Culture change to distributed authority and improved team autonomy
- Leadership evolves to be transformational
- A focus on data-driven decision making
- Measurable, value-driven outcomes for the DevOps journey
Benefits for Individuals
- Development of leadership skills
- A tool-kit of assets to enact cultural improvement
- Value stream-centric thinking and practices that improve flow
Earn a credential that can lead to jobs in high growth fields
Certification Validity: 2 Years
Learn more about our Continuing Education Program and recertification requirements to help you stay current with your skills and certifications.
Preparation: Instructor-Led Training, Online Learning, Self-Study
Qualify for In-Demand Jobs
IT Team Leaders
Site Reliability Engineers
“This curriculum is different from other DevOps trainings I attended earlier as the focus is on Transformational Leadership, Culture, behavioral change & measures for driving and implementing DevOps in an organization rather than just the technical aspects of DevOps. Highly recommend this to anyone who is embarking on DevOps adoption in their organization and has prior experience/knowledge of DevOps concepts.”
-Sivasubramanian Sethu, Cognizant
Check out the Certification Blueprint to learn more about the various topics, principles, and practices covered by this certification.
DevOps Institute Certification Pathways
Choose the path that is right for your career.
DevOps leaders sponsor, educate, motivate and monitor their DevOps teams.
IT Operations Professional
IT Operations Professional supports software reliability, automation, and more.
Developers design, implement, package, test and deploy software.
DevOps engineers automate processes and collaborate with others.
Testers plan, create, execute, report and
analyze software tests.
Security engineers collaborate to inform
DevOps consultants advise DevOps and SRE strategies and practices.